Friday, May 14, 2010

Letters From Rookie Camp


Dear Mom,

How are you? I am fine. Camp is pretty fun, lots of work tho. We play football all day long, except for an hour in the afternoon where we can do arts and crafts, archery, or swimming. I chose swimming of course! Ha ha. And on Sundays we write letters, we can write as many letters as we want but I'm only going to write to you. The uniforms they gave us are really nice, they look really professional and they fit good. The only bad thing was when I wanted to wear number 21 like Ladii Lady Ladainian Tomlinson (I axed the coached to help me spell that) but they wouldent let me wear that number cause Ladin Ladainian Tomlinson already wore it so I'm wearing number 24 instead and that's cool because it looks the same. Well that's all for now because we have to practice again. Love you and see you soon.

Love from your son,

Ryan Mathews


Dear Mom and Dad,

Thank you for the package. It was very nice and all the other guys here are jealous of me for having such great parents. So far I like it a lot and I don't think that it is too hard except that we practice football so much that sometimes it is hard to make time for practicing the violin and writing computer programs. Other than that, things are just about perfect here except that I miss you and the dogs. Please write soon and let me know how they are. Also, if I help my team win the Super Bowl, can I have a girlfriend?

Your devoted son,

Ed Wang


Dear Baltimore,

I can't tell you how happy I am to be playing for your football team and I really hope to do a good job. But I want to let you know that when I was drafted and I said, “I'm going to be rookie of the year,” that was just because I was really excited. I didn't really think I'd be rookie of the year, and I would hate for anybody to expect me to be rookie of the year and then be disappointed, because what many people don't realize and what I didn't realize before I started training for the NFL, is how hard football really is on the professional level. You know only one guy a year can be rookie of the year and after your rookie year you are no longer eligible, so it is totally possible that somebody else might turn out to be rookie of the year this year, and well, then I never will be rookie of the year. So please ignore the fact that I said I was going to be rookie of the year and don't get your hopes up about me becoming rookie of the year.

Sincerely,

Sergio Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment