Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mini-post: Yes. Yes it is.

I am waiting for the employee shuttle to take me to the train station at the end of my work day. As is my usual habit, I am reading a book, as a sign that I do not want to be engaged in conversation. As is equally usual, I am approached by one of my least favorite coworkers.

Coworker: “What are you reading?”

Me: “A book.”

Coworker: “You're funny. No, what's it about though?”

Me: “It's called Next Man Up. This writer followed a football team around for a year to see what it was like behind the scenes.”

Coworker: “Wow. So you must be like, really into football.”

Me: “Not really.”

Coworker: “?”

Me: “I'm trying to learn about football. It's for a blog that I'm writing.”

Coworker: “Oh cool. Well, that's one way to learn. Reading.”

2 comments: